TEST

Friday 2 January 2009

A New Beginning - 2009!!!

WOW, We are already in 2009, it only seems like yesterday we celebrated 2008.
Happy New Year to you all and hope that the following year brings you health and happiness and of course but no least lots of scrapping!!!!!!
We had a lovely Christmas and a quiet New Year - and now today Tim is back to work and normality reigns again, although the children are not back to school until Tuesday.

So 2009, a new beginning for us - am hoping it will be filled with happiness and joy. I don't do New Year resolutions - never have done as i know i would keep to it for a week and then it would all go pear shaped. I do have a few things i would like to achieve this year though, 1, being a new hair style - yet to brave the scissors, will let you know if and when it happens, 2, to continue designing LO's and even better if i can be a DT member - i love the challenge and surprise of those pizza boxes, it really helps you to be creative. With thanks to Cleo Crafts i have been able to experience the fulfillment designing brings in the last few months and am grateful to both Louise and Tara for allowing me this opportunity.

My next goal is to go to a crop, monthly or a one off experience - i went to one last year a couple of times - but it was quite a drive and unfortunately the dates always clashed with something else - so hopefully i will be able to find a nearer one close to home, i actually still quite like the idea of setting one up myself but with the current climate it may not be a good idea just yet.

I am also very keen to go to Northern Ireland for a crop along the coast, but will have to see how the pennies go in the next few weeks and i will also have to pluck up the courage to get on a plane again - not something i think i can do, i hate flying the best of times, so deep in thinking about it at the moment but i know it would be a great weekend and one that i really feel i would like to go too.

So what did 2008 bring me, well as previously said a DT member for Cleo Crafts, much happier scrapping in size 8.5 x 11 in, my love for bling gems, and also that i am addicted to all new paper ranges - my collection is growing at some rapid rate, just wish i could scrap as fast.
I know from blog hopping around at the moment some people are showing their 10 best LO'S of the year, i am lucky if i have done 10 in the last year (lol), yes i scrap at alarming slow speed. But to say this i do have 3 favourites from the last year which are the following

Just add water
Forty Winks

And lastly, Angel


My style has changed alot in the last year, guess it's trying new techniques and plus there are so many new products to use the creativity will never stop - i hope.

I would like photography to play a big part in my life this year, have been thinking about applying for a college photography course - but feel i really should invest in a better camera first - something that needs deep consideration - hopefully this time next year i will be well on my way. Photo's are so precious and tell so many stories. I will leave you with my last photo of 2008 and my first from 2009 - yet again both of the children

2008

and 2009

Thank you for taking the time to stop by - i am now off to do some scrap booking - hopefully to produce my first LO of 2009.
Take care and i will be back soon

Sarah
xoxo










5 comments:

Em said...

Happy New Year Sarah.

I hope all of your dreams and wishes come true for you this year. x

lindschick said...

Great photos, such cute kids. Love the Lo's as well, they are lovely. The forty winks one is a fab picture.

Good luck with your aims for the year.

xx

mandijane said...

Hoping 2009 sees your dreams fulfilled...

Mandi xx

Kit said...

lovely photos! Photography is one of my big focuses this year too.

Nic said...

Happy New Year! Good luck in achieving all of your aims for
2009.